We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sat Nav with Microsoft Windows CE 6.0?

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am in the market for a Truck sat nav with at least a 5"/7" screen. There appears to be a number on eBay with Microsoft Windows 6.0 which I know very little about. Can you enlighten me as to whether this might be a good buy, as the actual manufacturer's names of the devices are perhaps unbranded.

As an example to the item http://www.ebay.co.uk search reference 110909929661, which as a 5" screen, but other similar units are available from this particular seller.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Having looked into this further, it would appear that Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 is an 'embedded' product used by developers for mobile, smartphone, portable media and even modified Xbox game consuls.

But it still doesn't answer my original request as to whether I should purchase a system using this O/S, compared to perhaps other 'branded' sat navs.

I would add, that I have a number of Navman Pin 570 hand held sat nav type devices made for the French and German market, which could have their mapping change for UK use. these seem to use a O/S perhaps similar to MS CE 6.0.

The viewing screen of the sat nav as to be a minimum of 5", larger would be better. So any recommendations would be appreciated?.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I'll tick this as resolved. The customer feed-back seems to approve the device in question.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features