We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I cant open inbox on yahoo mail when using IE browser.....

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am using IE with yahoo as the homepage and when I go into my yahoo email address from there I can get into my yahoo email address OK but I cant get the inbox to open, it gives a litle "loading....." icon at the top of the yahoo page and then just wont open the inbox, BUT if I go into the yahoo groups icon on top of the IE toolbar (as my custom app icons) it will show the contents of the inbox (whilst still logged into the corresponding yahoo email address) and if I click on a message it will show it but I get this "loading...." icon again if I click on reply, and it wont open up the "compose" template for an email reply, I cant figure out if this is a problem with the IE settings, or a problem with yahoo itself, as the Yahoo email address opens fine when I use google chrome browser, it didnt do this before when using IE with the yahoo homepage, its just happened in the last few days, and only with yahoo, as hotmail and gmail open fine with both IE and GoogleChrome, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I assume you have upgraded your Yahoo Mail to the new version?

Like this post  
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

CRACKED IT!!! I have figured out what it was!! apparently I had to upgrade to the newer version of yahoo mail, when I opened the old style options on the right side of the screen it asked me to upgrade, which I did, then the options tab was on the left side top of screen (like my other yahoo email address) and then I ticked the box to show inbox on opening, and voila it works!! PHEW!! what a relief!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks