We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I cant open inbox on yahoo mail when using IE browser.....

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am using IE with yahoo as the homepage and when I go into my yahoo email address from there I can get into my yahoo email address OK but I cant get the inbox to open, it gives a litle "loading....." icon at the top of the yahoo page and then just wont open the inbox, BUT if I go into the yahoo groups icon on top of the IE toolbar (as my custom app icons) it will show the contents of the inbox (whilst still logged into the corresponding yahoo email address) and if I click on a message it will show it but I get this "loading...." icon again if I click on reply, and it wont open up the "compose" template for an email reply, I cant figure out if this is a problem with the IE settings, or a problem with yahoo itself, as the Yahoo email address opens fine when I use google chrome browser, it didnt do this before when using IE with the yahoo homepage, its just happened in the last few days, and only with yahoo, as hotmail and gmail open fine with both IE and GoogleChrome, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try using Firefox to see if is a problem with I.E. as I have checked my mail with BT Yahoo and everything is fine for me.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Do you always stay signed in on the Yahoo mail page? If so try signing out completely - close Yahoo, then open and sign in again.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I sign out of the yahoo mail page when I am finished with the email, and then just surf the internet ffrom the icons on the Yahoo homepage toolbar, when I use google chrome there is no problem at all opening all yahoo email addresses/hotmail addresses and gmail email addresses, which leads me to think that this is something to do with the recent problem I had with IE when it was bringing up that "do you want toview this page securely" window, its very weird that it wont open the emails on yahoo only. LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

actually it is only not opening the mail inbox and other functions on the yahoo email address that is connected to my yahoo messenger account, do you tink this has something to do with the problem? it opens the inbox of other yahoo email accounts I have but dont have yahoo msgr on those emails.? jsut a thought, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE,

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

actually it is only not opening the mail inbox and other functions on the yahoo email address that is connected to my yahoo messenger account, do you tink this has something to do with the problem? it opens the inbox of other yahoo email accounts I have but dont have yahoo msgr on those emails.? jsut a thought, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE,

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Laptopdunce, deleting IE's Temporary Internet Files frequently helps when strange problems occur with just one website.

Close all IE windows then go to Control Panel -> Internet Options. Delete your Temporary Internet files from there then reopen IE when done and see if that's helped.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

where is "internet options" in the control panel? I get a load of options like "appearance & themes" "user accounts" "add remove progs" etc., but I cant find where "internet options" is?? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

OK i figured out how I do that, it hasnt made a bit of difference, the one yahoo email address I have still wont open the inbox when using IE, but its fine when using google chrome browser, all my other yahoo email addresses, hotmail and gmail email adresses open the inbox on IE fine, very odd this, LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Try this. When the Yahoo mail page is open (in IE) click on Options - then Mail Options - under Behaviour put a tick in the box by Inbox - show on startup. Click Save, and then close Yahoo Mail. Then open again and see if it works any better.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Thats funny, in one of my yahoo addresses I can do that but in the one that wont open the inbox/spam messages there is only the "options" icon on the right side of the page, when I click on that there is a list of mail options but not "behaviour" and there doesnt seem to be a box for "Inbox - show on startup" - weird this, there is only a list for: General, signature, spam, disposable email adys, filters accounts, POP/holiday response... etc., LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback