We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC waking from sleep randomly

Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

My PC which is a Dell Vostro 430 running Windows 7 pro will not remain in sleep. I have changed settings in device manager to disable waking by either mouse, keyboard or network card, and have disabled waking by LAN in BIOS. What else could wake the computer?

There doesn't seem to be a pattern. Sometimes it wakes almost immediately, and other times I can watch it for ages and it remains asleep, but has woken next time I return to it.

I have run the command "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" with no result shown.

I have run the command"powercfg –lastwake" with the result: Wake history count -1 Wake History [0] Wake source count 0

I have no scheduled tasks

Any suggestions?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have you checked that you have no software scheduled to wake your computer? ie: a Back-Up program, Windows Updates etc?

Like this post
Peter Lanky

Likes # 0

Definitely nothing scheduled.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer