We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

try to get my pc awake by moving mouse in windows 7

hanifareed

Likes # 0

hi guys i have a problem and that is i can not find mouse power management tab in windows 7(device manager +mice and other pointing devices+ properties right click on) even if I logged as admin

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

(device manager +mice and other pointing devices+ properties right click on)

now

Hardware tab

properties button

Change settings button

Power management tab

tick box Allow this device to wake the computer

click OK

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I'm assuming that you want to see if the "allow this device to wake computer" is checked.

Have you updated your Display Adapter? You could try this first and then go into mouse and keyboard to see if the power management tab has been reinstated - you can then check the box in both devices.

You should also check under Network Adapter and Display Adapter to see that the box hasn't been checked authorising the device to switch off pc.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat's post popped up as I was posting mine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more