We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

tools on IE toolbar - how do I do this??

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am using IE with a yahoo home page on my laptop but there is only a single bar at the top of the page with my "custom apps" for the icons of various websites I visit frequently, there isnt another bar underneath with the "tools" and things on it where I can "save as" a webpage or document in "edit" or any of the tools, my question is: how do I bring down that extra bar with the various tools, edit etc., icons on it? there doesnt seem to be a little arrow on the top bar to pull down another bar with icons on it, I am having to use google chrome to open up a "save as" option in "tools", thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try right clicking the toolbar and make sure menu is ticked.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Or press the Alt key which should open up the Menu bar - then as Jock1e says

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Oh, WOW, youre a wizard, it did it with the ALT key, couldnt right click on the bar at the top but Alt brought up that menu with the menu bar at the top which I clicked and now the tools and edit/view etc icons are appearing, thanks alot!! LAPTOPDUNCE I have a little problem with yahoo not opening my inbox or other options, should I submit another question about this? it only does it on 1 yahoo address, all the others are OK, but this one wont open the mailbox and I have to use google chrome to get it to open. thanks

Like this post  
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I would suggest another post with appropriate heading will get more response than this Resolved thread.

When you say Yahoo is not opening your Inbox do you mean you are using the Yahoo Browser or is it Internet Explorer with the Yahoo website?

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Ok i will post another post about the yahoo problem, I am using IE with yahoo as the homepage and when I go into yahoo from there I can get into my yahoo email address OK but I cant get the inbox to open, it gives a litle "loading....." icon at the top of the yahoo page and then just wont open the inbox, BUT if I go into the yahoo groups icon on top of the IE toolbar (as my custom app icons) it will show the contents of the inbox (whilst still logged into the corresponding yahoo email address) and if I click on a message it will show it but I get this "loading...." icon again if I click on reply, and it wont open up the "compose" template for an email reply, I cant figure out if this is a problem with the IE settings, or a problem with yahoo itself, as the Yahoo email address opens fine when I use google chrome browser, it didnt do this before when using IE with the yahoo homepage, its just happened in the last few days, and only with yahoo, as hotmail and gmail open fine with both IE and GoogleChrome, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes