We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows live mail and spam

passing through

Likes # 0

I get the usuall ammount of spam, like everyone else but there is one or two who keep coming back. One is from chambed.com aka veriaReports. It's not much 4 or 5 a day but marking them as junk mail > add sender to blocked senders list or junk mail> add senders domain to blocked senders list, they still get through to the junk mail box.

Is there any way of blocking them, full stop, from arriving to the mail box?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You can set it to permanently delete junk mail.But that may also delete some mail that you may need.

Apart from that I don't think there is another way round it.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"One is from ........veriaReports........Is there any way of blocking them, full stop, from arriving to the mail box?"

If "veriaReports" is the sender's name and appears on all messages, and you're using a POP e-mail account, then you could try experimenting with a Windows Live Mail "Message Rule":

1) On the "Folders" ribbon, click "Message Rules".

2) In the "New Mail Rule" windows, select "Where the From line contains people" then click the blue link at the bottom and enter the sender's name as it appears in the e-mails you receive.

3) The best Action for this rule needs to be "Delete it from server".

4) Finally, give your rule a name and click the "Save Rule" button.

If that doesn't block those spam messages then perhaps you could use the "Where the subject line contains specific words" condition instead. However, be very careful how you setup rules especially when the action is to delete from server!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Depending on your isp/email provider it may be possible to block them using webmail so that they get diverted to the webmail spam/junk folder so they do not get downloaded when you use Windows Live Mail.

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

Thanks Woolwell

Have tried that and so far all OK.

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

No matter how many times I click on the tick symbol. It will not turn green.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers