We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with MS photo gallery

tigertop2

Likes # 0

I am running MS Photo Gallery on Windows7, 64 bit and have nominated Yahoo as my default email in Default programmes. I can select the pic , click on email, resize it and then click on email which then goes to the correct Yahoo email page but without the pic as an Attachment. Must be something simple but what? Can anyone help please?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Just tried it myself,i selected the photo then photo email/send photo email,which works.Havent tried it as an attachment though.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

No problem in the procedure until one gets to 'Attach Picture' bit when it opens up in a new email page but does not show the selected pic as an email attachment---- which it should do using MS Picture Gallery software.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Just tried the attachment route,attachment doesent show in mine either

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How have you set Yahoo as default email? Yahoo isn't an email client. Are you using webmail ie through a browser?

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Woolwell, Thanks , have set Yahoo as the default email--still no resoltion BUT after downloading Windows Live Messenger and Windows Live and then changing my default email to Hotmail, where I have another email account, then using 'Fast Stone Image Viewer' I can send resized pics on Hotmail

I read somewhere during the day's research that Windows does not like using Internet Explorer 64bit for sending pic attachments for Yahoo which might explain it

If anyone knows better I would like to know as whilst I can now do it the method is a bit circuitous!

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Woolwell, Apologies to you as I did not pick up on your first line. My browser is Internet Explorer 9. I have tried setting it as the default program but that makes no difference. If I open up Internet Properties I can see Internet Explorer is the default browser . It also says Internet Explorer 64bit cannot be the default browser

If I click on 'Internet Programs'- 'Set Programs' I am taken to Default Programs where the only options are Internet explorer or Yahoo! Mail. neither solve the problem if selected.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Do you read yahoo emails through IE9? If so the method you have been trying to send photos direct from Windows Photo Gallery will not work as that requires to use an email client eg Windows Live Mail.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

I use Google to log into Yahoo, and for that matter Hotmail for my emails. I assumed that Google was running courtesy of Internet Explorer 9.

Sounds like you know a lot more about the mysteries than I do !!! I will investigate Windows Live mail tomorrow--too knackered to think now--but many thanks for your advice

Good night and sleep well --I shall!

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

Sorted at last by downloading and using FastStone Image Viewer. The only one I have found that works imply and does everything without fuss. Case closed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED