We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Xbox 360 Slim Home LAN setup

bbr620
Resolved

Likes # 0

is it possible to setup 3 x xbox 360's in a home network, 1 is mine, connected to live, the other 2 are for the kids but i just want to setup local network gaming with the kids but also so they cannot connect to live account as they still young. i'm looking to run game on mine and stream / share a multiplayer game with the kids but restrict their internet access?

any ideas if it can be done, thanks in advance

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

Some routers can be configured to allow specific computers (identified by their network adapter's MAC address) to have access to the LAN, but not the internet. Have a look at the available options in your router.

Like this post  
bbr620

Likes # 0

thank you, will have a look

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more