We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bios update or complete reload.

drumkit

Likes # 0

hi

i have a Biostar t-series ta785ge (amd am2+). im quite tech savvy with software but not hardware. basically my computer does strange thins during bootup and posting and bios etc. it wont go into windows but thats another story. even without a hardrive connected it still misbehaves. i want to reload or update or repair the bios.

i followed the website intsructions for flash bios update and utility runs but theres no bios file for me to update, there should be an fs0 option to search for the file, but its not there.

i dont even know if its possible to reinstall the bios, has anyone done this before or better, with this board or same make?

really i think the motherboard is knackered and i would like to know if theres anyway of saving it. all the hardware switches on and it gets to windows loading screens or repair screens through repair discs etc. but everytime i reboot it does somthing different and almost always freezes at some point. i have run memtest and tried various hardware configurations to no avail and im an few hours away from purchasing a new motherboard.

thanks in advance for any help or advice you have to offer

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Your BIOS here

down load and save to usb, run the Bios update facility from the usb

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Take harddrive out for now.

Take out the mem ram sticks and reseat them, try with one stick at a time, it might be a bad stick. Reseat other cables etc attached to motherboard in case it is a loose connection. Might even be loose external connection, keyboard, mouse etc.

Did you try resetting bios to Default settings by removing the battery for at least 10 mins? then put back in or better still put a new battery in in case flat battery is causing prob.

I can't help with flashing/reloading file as not ever had to do that.

Like this post
drumkit

Likes # 0

thx for help,

that bios update utility was one of 3 that i was using. anyway...

its working again, i disconnected all hardware from mb except dvd drive 1 stick of memory (usually theres four), processor +fan and the power supply unit. when i booted it loaded the windows disc (in dvd drive) and when to setup menu. after that i replaced each compnent 1 by 1 starting with hard disk and each time it went into the op system i shut it down, added another component and rebooted. 2 hours later pc is completely fixed.

im baffled, must be hardware problem and bios was fine all along.

thx again for help

Like this post
drumkit

Likes # 0

btw i didnt install from the reinstall windows disc, my operating system was still intact

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'm glad you got it working again. Pesky things those loose connections... :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks