We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Advisor on iphone

Chronos the 2nd
Resolved

Likes # 0

Someone recently gave me an iphone 3GS and whereas I have been able to logon to other forums using Safari,there is nothing on the PC Advisor site that allows me to logon.

Has PC Advisor got a hidden trick somewhere or am I missing something?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You will be using the mobile version of the site and somewhere in amongst the text in a slightly different shade of blue will be the words log in. I'm logged in on my phone at the moment and cannot find the words but will keep looking.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Found it. Open a forum and at the very bottom you will find "to post a reply, etc" The "if you are already a registered member ...." This is then followed by "log in now". Click on that. It is rather obscure.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

When you are in a thread, click 'Post a response', below the forum title.

IMAGE:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63754347@N03/8222760637/in/photostream

Beneath the input box you'll see a 'Log in now' link. Click that and sign in as usual.

IMAGE:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63754347@N03/8222760681/in/photostream

Unfortunately the iPhone doesn't like cookies so you will probably have to log in each time.

Matt

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Testing advice.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Cheers Woolwell and Matt for putting me right.

Simple when you know how.

Like this post  
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

I have an iPhone 3GS and can offer the following hints just in case (by a slim chance) you are using the "PCA App".

First off, the PCA App does not allow access to the forums. Or at least it didn't when I loaded it 2 months ago and I've had no updates for it since.

If there are no forums there is little point logging in and I don't think there is a log in option within the App.

Therefore, the suggestions above may cause infinite frustration as they don't mention the differences betsween the App and browser at all.

Assume therefore that you are on Safari (or another browser) in which case Woolwell and Matt Egans responses are perfectly valid.

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

No need to reply - I see you are sorted. Phil

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Phil Ocifer

No I do not use the app,no use for it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...