We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Advice about Acronis TI 13 v Easeus

exdragon
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi - I see that it's £15.95 to upgrade my TI 11 to 13, but can anyone advise if i should a) keep 11, b) upgrade or c) use Easeus instead?

Acronis say's it supports Windows 8 (which I haven't got), has a free mobile app (which I probably wouldn't need) and also syncs stuff.

Thanks

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 1

exdragon,

I upgraded from Acronis True Image 10 Home to Acronis True Image Home 2012 a year or so ago and, to say the least, I am unimpressed. It was slower to make an image backup file (about twice as long) and I received several error messages when trying to backup and to verify the backup file.

I tried to uninstall Acronis True Image Home 2012 and reload Acronis True Image 10 Home, but was unable to reload Acronis True Image 10 Home.

I would be very careful about upgrading unless the new version provides something you really need. Have a look at the Acronis forum to see more comments and more in depth views.

Peter.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Thanks, chaps. Perhaps it's a case of, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Although I do seem to have lots of problems with Acronis ever since I upgraded from, I think, 8.

Like this post  
woodchip

Likes # 0

I only use it to create Image Backups, this will work all versions of windows if using Acronis CD or rescue disc to boot from, This you can Create and Restore from

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I gave up on Acronis some years ago as each year I was pestered with upgrade invitations and to be honest the upgrades did not seem to be offering much I wanted. In fact I felt that Acronis was just becoming bloated with totally irrelevant functions

Since moving to an SSD I find it easier to clean install should I need to, everything personal is on other HDD's then back up both via DropBox and a NAS drive.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

i am still using version 9

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite