We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer not printing DCP-195C

diesel1948

Likes # 0

Problem with printer brother multi-function.When I click print it goes through the motions as though its printing but comes out blank. Re-installed it but still same.Running windows 7. Full of ink and set as default. Last thing I tried to print was this, Hi Dave, Hope you and family are well, we are all fine. Going to the reef on the12th December to see Samantha. Anastasia and Terry (daughters) will be there with their partners and children. May get chance to see your dad, we return on Christmas eve. Could you do me a favour Dave, send me your address, Martins and Jane's also her married name, it has slipped my mind, senility. Look after yourself and I will speak to you soon. Terry. Reply The last word Reply was in blue and its the only word that it printed anyone got any ideas what is wrong? Regards diesel48

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this a received email? Is it webmail or client on pc? Does printer print normally otherwise - word docs etc from your files.

Have you tried: reset printer as your default printer. (unselect it and then reselect)

Are you able to preview email before you print?

Like this post
diesel1948

Likes # 0

No it wont print anything it used to but did not use it for a while then but some fresh ink in it and not worked since. It sounds like it is printing then just comes out blank, all inks are showing full. I tried the unselect and reselect but just the same.Just discovered that it prints in colour but not black pulled black cartridge out and ink all over show. Put new one in and it still would not print black.

Like this post
diesel1948

Likes # 0

I have sorted it thanks lotvic, uninstalled it re-installed it cleaned all the heads and its working again thanks for your help.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

You haven't mentioned if you are using compatible cartridges?.

I have a Brother DCP 135C printer, which works extremely well on compatibles, so possibly this is a thing that you might need to look into further, especially if you are starting to have leakages?.

Would perhaps mention, that the 'working' sound might be the printer doing a 'cleaning cycle', especially if the printer hasn't been used for a day or more!.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'