We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem installing Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 64bit

redbarron

Likes # 0

I installed Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise 64 bit on my wife's laptop some while ago, but it will not install on my new computer for some reason. My system is also a 64bit system

Each time I try I keep getting a pop up box saying the following:

'Setup cannot find the required setup controller file. Either there was a network error reading from the CD, DVD or other installation media, or a other problem with the package you download. ____________________End

Any idea please how to fix this please.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Have you tried exploring the DVD contents and clicking on setup.exe? Hold down the shift key whilst you insert DVD in drive (this stops Autorun DVD) so you can explore the contents.

answers.microsoft.com/office2007-officeinstall/microsoft-office-2007-enterprise-setupexe-wont suggests solution. Also note: Office 2007 is 32-bit only but will run in a 64-bit Windows OS. Office 2010 is the first that has both 32 and 64 bit version though the 32-bit still works in a 64-bit os.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more