We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Timewise Desktop settings or more info

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hello, I am trying to make a Desktop background display change according to the time of day. I have posted this before and was given a link to "Timewise Desktop" which I thought was the ideal solution at the time but I can`t get it to work, no instructions that I can find so have to guess what to do. Whatever I try I always ends up with the message "Unexpected error in procedure:cmdCompile_Chick Error #Path/file access error.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

What happened to the font is you used ` (to the left of 1 on keyboard) if you use two of them in same sentence it formats text inbetween to small text but it is useful if you want some text to appear small

use the proper apostrophe ' (same key as @ in lower case) then this won't happen

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic, as the not apostrophe key is sited next to the explanation mark and quotation keys and looks like an apostrophe I assumed it was. Stupid of me not to realize that the obvious place would be on the @ button :-)

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

exclamation! done it again tonight.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks dr yes, tried again to instal, nothing wrong with my software but I can't instal it for it to check this. This time got the message "Installation Failure"

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Sorry for the constant posts but would still like someone to explain the instructions that I posted earlier.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Lotvic, just so there in no confusion the not apostrophe button is also called grave or grave accent or acute or left quote or open quote or push or backquote or back glitch or back prime or back spark or back tick or birk or blugle or quasiquote or unapostrophe. Obvious really if you think about it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...