We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Timewise Desktop settings or more info

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hello, I am trying to make a Desktop background display change according to the time of day. I have posted this before and was given a link to "Timewise Desktop" which I thought was the ideal solution at the time but I can`t get it to work, no instructions that I can find so have to guess what to do. Whatever I try I always ends up with the message "Unexpected error in procedure:cmdCompile_Chick Error #Path/file access error.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure if compatible with 7 if that's your OS. Have you tried running as Admin?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Grapf, link is good, exactly the sort of thing I want but how do I do this in Windows. rdave13 not sure what you mean "have you tried running as Admin" OS is XP

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Forget my other post.

From what I've seen it says...

OS Support: Me, Windows, Windows XP

If rdaves suggestion doesn't work try changing the compatibility to 'WinXP'.

It looks fairly basic, you have to put in 10 pictures of the same scene, taken at different times of the day and add the time of each change.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

bumpkin, running as administrator only for Vista upwards really. Could be a bad download. Have you tried uninstalling, running Ccleaner's registry cleaner and downloading the latest,seems 2007 version is the latest.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks for all your suggestions, cant try them at this moment for other reasons but will do and post back/

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi again, I have been trying your suggestions. Re-installed "Timewise Desktop" from rdaves link but still get the same error messages, does not look that good anyway so I have given up on that avenue. Trying dr yess link it asks for "Validation", I have no problem with that but when I download the validation tool it just wont run, says in "Downloads" that it is starting but it does not even if left for an hour. Last chance saloon was Graphical`s link but this does say it is for Linux or Umbuto, willing to try it in winXP if anyone can explain what these instructions mean. "copy the file to a directory where it wont bother you" "extract the files" "inside a terminal, cd into the folder that was created with the new files" "run sh ./install" Thanks for your imput.

Ray

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

What happened to the font? That is not what I typed in.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Third line should read "asks for verification" dont know where the other gibberish came from.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Validation I meant, not my day is it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...