We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook Express hangs when clicking "Send/Receive"

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

I use OE and Gmail, which is configured to display through my Outlook Express details page. Everything's always worked smoothly until a couple of weeks ago. Now, perhaps one in about every half dozen attempts, when I click "Send Receive", it freezes/hangs on the "Securing" part of the set up before it displays any messages. It remains frozen for about 15-20 seconds then I get an error message. If I try again it usually works?? Can anyone help please?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What is the error message?

Outlook / Outlook Express Error codes

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

That the supplier has terminated. If however I try again...it's ok!

Like this post
hirussellsmith

Likes # 0

Hi thumbscrew,

Your Outlook Express shows a sign to get corruption in DBX file. It is better to opt for recovery process rather than wait for more worst situation. You can solve your problem with Outlook Express repair tool.

Sometimes, it is possible to receive this threat due to connection error .In such type of scenario, you can see Microsoft knowledge post at : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/176658

Regards : Russell

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger