We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firewall and web filtering suggestions please...

staningrimsby

Likes # 0

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so please be patient with me, I have been a member of an LEA IT support team for 12 years but due to cut backs in the LEA I have now been offered a position in a school.

Sadly I do not have any experience with firewalls and web filtering etc so was wondering what would be a good firewall to use preferably with web filtering as well. Also I would like it as easy as possible to configure as I have never done this before.

The firewall must also be able to be used with VPN connections, currently we are using Cisco ASA 5505 firewalls connected to a websense filter box. When the LEA stops support they will remove both of these, I did consider backing up the current firewall settings then buying one and restoring the config and making the adjustments to eliminate the websense box, but I have been told they are quite complex to congigure.

Any help please as to what is easy to configure and maintain and has a good price for annual maintainance.

Regards, Stan.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I suggest that you take a good look at this used by lots of schools, and very well reviewed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

What's new in VR: the companies creating exciting new mixes of augmented and virtual reality

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...