We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Google Chrome - No sound

Border View
Resolved

Likes # 0

I use Google Chrome as my main browser and hold IE in reserve. I've just noticed that I am not receiving any sound when I use Chrome. If I switch over to IE the sound comes through fine.

Can you please advise how to get Chrome to permit sound.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Are you referring to watching video for example?

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

If I go onto Amazon and try listening to a sample from a CD nothing comes through. Just tried to watch a BT video clip and no sound on Chrom, but fine on IE. No sound effects on Sim City on Facebook.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

It sounds like you don't have Flash Player installed for non-IE browsers. You can download it from here:

non-IE Flash Player

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Did a google search and it looks like a known problem. Off to look some more to see if I can find a solution. Will report back if I do.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Have you installed non-IE Flash Player? You need two versions - one for IE and one for other browsers

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You shouldn't need to install non-IE Flash in Chrome as it is built in and enabled by default. However it may need checking that it is enabled see Chrome support

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Using a laptop? If so Read this

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Hi - I've downloaded the file you recommended Sea Urchin. I've been into Chrome plug ins and Flash must be enabled because the only thing I can see for it is to disable it.

Still no sound.

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Hi woolwell - no using a desktop

Like this post
Border View

Likes # 0

Other than Firefox does anyone have suggestions for an alternative browser?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

4G to get faster and cheaper with Freeview spectrum: We're in for a wait though

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014: A reflection

IDG UK Sites

Artist creates a geometric rave in a chapel for The House of St Barnabus

IDG UK Sites

Mac mini (Late 2014) 1.4 GHz review: Mac mini is sort of upgradable, but is it any good as it is?