We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unknown Tranaction on my Bank.

bristolgirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi. I had a call from my bank last night, to say that there was some fraudulent activity on my account. 2 attempts were made to pay to a pharmacy in the USA yesterday. Fortunately, they spotted it and stopped the transactions going through.

Yesterday too, I registered this card with Amazon. So I am thinking that maybe I have a Keylogger (not sure if that is the right term for it). I have superantispyware and Avast on my laptop but should I be using something else too to combat this problem?

Always appreciate all help and support given!!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

It is quite rare to get your card hacked from your computer, other transactions cause more trouble. Install Trusteer or other software your that your bank supplies (this will prevent redirection to non-legit banking sites).

As Jock!e said dont let your card out of your sight at restaurants or shops - they should bring the card machine to you or you go to the machine - look out for signs of ATM machine tampering.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

I use Password Safe to store all of my Username/Password details. When these have to be entered, I can drag the "User" and "Password" icons from the program into the relevant boxes without having to type anything into my browser.

There are also compatible Apps for both Android and Apple's iOS

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......