We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Missing email

benson68

Likes # 0

I use Windows Live Mail to access my Virgin Media email account. I tried to send four photos to a friend, & since then, everytime I've come out of Windows Live Mail, it asks me if I want to send unsent messages from my outbox. I can only think that the photos were too large to send, but the email doesn't appear in my "sent" folder, so I can't delete it, & get rid of this message. What could I do to resolve this issue?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

"the email doesn't appear in my "sent" folder, so I can't delete it, & get rid of this message"

The unsent message would normally remain in the Outbox folder until satisfactorily sent, is it not in there?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

or in the drafts folder

Like this post
benson68

Likes # 0

There isn't an outbox in Windows Live Mail, & the email doesn't appear in the drafts folder. It is possible that I've cleaned out the sent folder, ( & forgotten about it!) but thinking about it, I didn't reduce the size of the photos, & this warning message only appeared just after these photos were sent. I once blocked my brothers email with an overlarge attachment! Could anything else generate this message? Every email afterwards has been sent OK.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"There isn't an outbox in Windows Live Mail..."

Actually, there is. Have another look at your folders' list on the far left-hand side and the Outbox is usually at the very bottom. You may need to scroll down a bit to see it.

Like this post
benson68

Likes # 0

Genious!!! It was there, unsent. I've deleted it, so now things should be OK. Thanks again.

Fancy not knowing I had an "Outbox"!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert