We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pc wont boot windows

muffslam

Likes # 0

I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu (they ARE compatible) from the gigabyte g41mt-s2p to the msi z77a-ga3 and my cpu from an incredibly old 2006 quadcore to an intel i5. the problem is with the booting, the pc will boot up, show the bios screen, then black screen with a flashing white dash in the top left, and if its the first time going through this repeating process it will BEGIN to show windows booting up, by that i mean the swirling circles of windows 7 and flash a blue screen error which gos too fast to read, then it will reset, show bios screen then black scrreen with flashing hyphon and reset without bluescreen etc... the ram should be compatible but i have no other types, a friend is coming round to test his ram. ive tried unplugging everything and plugging it back in. Tried removing peripherals, soundcard, reinserting the cpu, tried ram in different ports but no luck. i dont know how to run a diagnostics check through the bios, if you can at all.

my old and new stuff isnt cross compatible and i dont want to send the it back or attempt to reinstall windows and find out it was somthing else. my power supply cant be the reason as i got a brand new one a few months ago but im open for any suggestion.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Try booting from the CD to start with.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...