We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Error rar extract

sb99000

Likes # 0

Operating system windows xp, 32 bit, Antivirus and firewall - Bullguard.

I am experiencing a peculiar problem which I have never experienced before. The problem is -- I have downloaded 2 rar files (104 MB and 108 MB) from a forum site. 2 files downloaded fully but when I am trying to extract the files they are not extracting fully by the winrar or 7 zip,showing file is broken / unexpected end of archive. Only 10 mb and 11 mb extracting containing only 9 photos in 2 folders. I have asked the original up-loader of the files about the problem I am facing he answered me that he has no idea why this is happening, files are OK he checked. Need some suggestion. Downloaded those files via Mediafire

[email protected]

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try with this free program: Repair and unpack automatically with AutoUnpack I have found it good and easy to use.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

It sounds as though the files are corrupt. Try downloading one of them again. If two rar extraction programs say the file is not terminated correctly then I would tend to believe them.

Like this post
sb99000

Likes # 0

''It sounds as though the files are corrupt. Try downloading one of them again. If two rar extraction programs say the file is not terminated correctly then I would tend to believe them.''

That is the problem, again downloaded the file but same result. Asked the original up-loader about the problem he replied files are OK. Is there any free easy to use RAR Repair tool/software.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Can you download them on another computer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"Is there any free easy to use RAR Repair tool/software" Was AutoUnpack no use for them?

Like this post
sb99000

Likes # 0

" Was AutoUnpack no use for them? Downloaded ''AutoUnpack'' but seems complicated to me. Unable to understand the process how it works.

Like this post
sb99000

Likes # 0

" Was AutoUnpack no use for them? ''

Downloaded ''AutoUnpack'' but seems complicated to me. Unable to understand the process how it works.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...