We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where can I find a template for A4 labels, 3 x 6 with no border?

Ansie
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can anyone help me with a template for the above for MS Word 2007? I tried creating one as custom label, but I cannot get the labels to the edges of the page

Like this post
tonyq

Likes # 0

Ansie, clutching at straws, are the settings set to Metric/Imperial? Just a thought!.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, had a similar problem, make sure that the printer page size is set to A4 and not Letter but you need to do it via Control Panel Printers. If you do it in Word it does not work.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Ansie is correct, when you do it in Word 2007 you do end up with going on to next page. I was doing it in Word 2003 which works out ok.

I've switched lappy on that has Office 2007 and I get same prob as Ansie. I will post back in the next hour after tea with corrections. Unless some kind soul plays with it and sorts it out before then :)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Well I discovered that changing the 4.95 cm to 4.94 cm works to bring it back on to one page 3 x 6 labels.

You can either change your custom template to that or with the page displayed, on Ribbon go to: 'Table Tools' Layout tab | alter the 4.95 to 4.94 and then press 'Enter' on keyboard.

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin,

"Peter

You don't need to set "borderless" - just top and side margins at 0 cms as per lotvic's instructions"

I think on some printers, Epson for example, if you don't set the printer to borderless, you will not be able to set the margins to zero.

Peter.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Hi Peter

Yes, I'm sure you are correct. Thanks for that.

Like this post
Ansie

Likes # 0

Dear All - thanks for all your suggestions. I am stumped. I have tried all your suggestions and ended up with the document attached. I saved the files as pdf to show firstly the label doc and then the screenshot, page 1 - label settings and page 2 - printer settings. Hope someone out there has an answer. I unfortunately do not know how to add these pdf files to my response - pse assist.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You cannot load pdf files or any attachments to this site. You can take a screen shot, upload it to a site like photobucket and post a link.

But back to your problem. I haven't come across many, if any, borderless labels. Could you post a link to where you got them from?

lotvic has worked out dimensions. Please measure each label, the gap between labels, the gap at the top and bottom (if any) and obviously there is none at each side.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

As Woolwell states lotvic has posted the solution at 8.26pm yesterday. He also got the same problem as you on Word 2007 but found the answer

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'll do some step-by-step screenshots of how I altered it, and the results, will post links later on tonight.

This sort of problem is going to crop up on forum as people are starting to do their festive cards and getting printed results to match labels is never quite as simple as it should be.... seems even versions of Word give different results.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK