We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help with computer build / design

Burtonshawj

Likes # 0

i'm looking at build a computer that i upgrade as i go along.. i put about 350 aside to start.. once i got everything working i can sell of my old pc, xbox and my phone contract is up for renewal and can probs get £100 or so for my current phone. i wanna run 16gb RAM.. apart from that i'm really out of date on specs.. i use to pc game then got an xbox and been on that for 5 years.. and i forgot how quickly things upgrade in the pc world.. i was thinking gen i5 and a gtx 660ti. i'm basing the idea on being able to run Battlefield 3 on highish graphics.. would like to get this done for BF4.. so basically whats the best motherboard to get to start this?

thanks

Jack

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

A thread you may find useful info on: ClickHere

Like this post
Burtonshawj

Likes # 0

of the two set up's the guy lists.. the first one actually looks better for what i want, (this one) but would have to use this RAM instead. but would the GA-970A-DS3 cope with the expansions to 2GB Graphics? also wouldn't need to operating system. they claim to cope with up to 32GB ram, so 16 should be fine. the amd fx-6 6100 black edition doesn't seem to be that well rated, so may shop around on that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September