We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do you repair windows system restore or a recovery console without XP CD?

rizlo29

Likes # 0

My system won't allow these functions.

• Tags:
  • xp
Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

You obviously have internet access to be able to write to this forum, so why not use it to buy a copy of XP from Amazon?

Link here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

onthelimit1 - as I suggested earlier as I can't see any other way of resolving this problem - there's just too may things to sort out without a CD.

Like this post
rizlo29

Likes # 0

Almost there folks, I think :/

I'm now able to import reg files. Lnk files etc are now working. My PC is still slow though. I want to do a restore or or full format. Do I fix the system recovery the same way as I fixed the LNK files? Is there a reg file I can download?

TY

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

rizlo29 - I don't know if this would help - I can't advise as I have never used it. It is FREE and appears easy to use, walking you through it step-by-step. There are links to others also.enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Or something here to work through? enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

rizlo29 - I don't know if this would help - I can't advise as I have never used it. It is FREE and appears easy to use, walking you through it step-by-step. There are links to others also.enter link description here

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Try Googling this XP recovery CD iso download it and get burning with nero or isoburner whatever is your prefference

Cheers HC

Like this post
rizlo29

Likes # 0

I'm trying this at the minute, but I'm stuck

"Hit the Windows logo and "R" keys on the keyboard simultaneously to bring up the Run dialog box.

2 Type "regedit" without quotation marks into the dialog box and hit "Enter." This will launch the Windows registry editor.

3 Click "File," then click "Export."

4 Click the radio button labeled "All" under "Export range." Browse to the folder of your choice, type a file name and click "Save." This will back up the entire Windows registry to a .REG file.

5 Double-click the .REG file to restore your registry fully.

Sponsored Links Download PC Cleaner Plus + PC Cleaner Plus is all you Need. Free Download (Highly Recommended) PC-Cleaner.sparktrust.com Free Registry Cleaner Fix, Clean, and Speed Up. Free. Real Time Results. Try it Now! fixbee.com/RegistryCleaner Stop "PC Freeze Up" (Recommend Windows Repair Tool) How to Stop PC Freezes in 2 Mins. PCHealthBoost.com/FreeDownload Fix System Restore Computer Repair & System Restore! Download & Fix Now – Takes 3 Min. System-Restore.ErrorTeck.com

Read more: How to Restore Windows XP Reg Files | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how5598003restore-windows-xp-reg-files.html#ixzz27FkmwVs5"

I'm stuck on this part.

4 Click the radio button labeled "All" under "Export range." Browse to the folder of your choice, type a file name and click "Save." This will back up the entire Windows registry to a .REG file.

I don't see this option?

Like this post
rizlo29

Likes # 0

I'm trying this fix at the minute.

"Hit the Windows logo and "R" keys on the keyboard simultaneously to bring up the Run dialog box.

2 Type "regedit" without quotation marks into the dialog box and hit "Enter." This will launch the Windows registry editor.

3 Click "File," then click "Export."

5 Double-click the .REG file to restore your registry fully.

Sponsored Links Download PC Cleaner Plus + PC Cleaner Plus is all you Need. Free Download (Highly Recommended) PC-Cleaner.sparktrust.com Free Registry Cleaner Fix, Clean, and Speed Up. Free. Real Time Results. Try it Now! fixbee.com/RegistryCleaner Stop "PC Freeze Up" (Recommend Windows Repair Tool) How to Stop PC Freezes in 2 Mins. PCHealthBoost.com/FreeDownload Fix System Restore Computer Repair & System Restore! Download & Fix Now – Takes 3 Min. System-Restore.ErrorTeck.com

Read more: How to Restore Windows XP Reg Files | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how5598003restore-windows-xp-reg-files.html#ixzz27FkmwVs5"

I'm stuck on instruction 4 though.

"4 Click the radio button labeled "All" under "Export range." Browse to the folder of your choice, type a file name and click "Save." This will back up the entire Windows registry to a .REG file."

I don't see this option when following this tutorial?

Like this post
rizlo29

Likes # 0

These tutorials don't work either.

Go to My Computer>Local Drive C:>Windows folder>Inf Folder. Find SR.INF, right click on it, and select Install. This should repair the System restore.

Alternatively You can run from command console or from batch file this line: %SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %SystemRoot%\inf\sr.inf

SR.INF is missing on pc PC?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...