We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epsom Stylus C70+ cartridge problem

Housten

Likes # 0

Good evening,

I am hoping someone can help me!!

I have lost my manual so I can not refer to that. For the last 2 or 3 hours I have been swapping catridges with no effect, and I am now beginning to pull my hair out. What happened was I was just about to print a letter when it stopped. I had noticed a couple of days ago that I was running low on ink, but I thought there was enough for the two letters I had to print. On the top of the cover there are 3 lights, the left hand one tells you - or so I believe - that there is a fault. At the moment, it is either on or flashing, permanently.

I installed 4 new cartriges - which I got from Cartridge People, where the existing ones were from - and pushed them in. Not all clicked, but I need the letters, so I pushed on. No luck. I tried downloading manuals but got nowhere, although one told me how to change cartridges - not a lot of help. I can not get rid of this red light, where I have sometimes got the ink levels; what I have now is it showing all 4 inks sort of greyed out with a red circle with a white cross on the right hand one, but it had clicked into place. I have now tried 8 new cartridges and am getting nowhere, does anyone have any idea of what I have done wrong? Or is it that I have bought some duff cartridges?

Any help/suggestions/ideas will be very gratefully received.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You may need to RESET the Smart Chips - have a thorough read here and give it a try - enter link description here

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

northumbria61,

Many thanks for your reply, which I will read shortly. The panic has now subsided, although for how long is debateable, as I had forgotten to switch it off last night - I have the computer and all the peropherals controlled by a 10-plug tower. So I switched it on this morning, and it came on AND it is working!!!! HOW??? WHY??? Not a clue, but I will be checking it and your suggestion out later this morning!!

Many, many thanks for your reply.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You have accidentally done one of things I usually try when I have a bit of electronics which is playing up and that is switch it off and on again. Surprising how often that sorts it out!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

....that is switch it off and on again...

That is what we always did in the days of the Spectrum. It usually cured the problem.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

That is what we always did in the days of the Spectrum.

AND the Commodore 64 !!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 release date, new features and compatibility: Free to download from 6pm

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?