We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphics Card for Acer Aspire 5749 I3-2350 Laptop

Sputnik1

Likes # 0

Hi, I thinking about buying the above laptop so that I can run my Microsoft Train Simulator away from home and need a graphics card similar to the one that is in my home computer. This is fitted with a 1GB AMD Sapphire HD 6570 PCI-E card and I'm happy with its performance. Can you advise me what I should get fitted if I go ahead and buy this Laptop Computer

Thanks Bob

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You cannot change Graphics card for the above Laptop, as its part of the motherboard or cpu. and the laptop does not have a PCI Express card slot to fit external card in

Like this post
Sputnik1

Likes # 0

Hi Woodchip, thanks for your reply, I only listed my main computer's graphics card to show what it needed to run MSTS. I have never owned a Laptop before so know nothing about them and this is the reason for my question. All I can do is ask in my normal computer shop tomorrow and see what they would advise me to use.

Cheers Bob

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

As woodchip says, you have no choice over graphics chip as it's integrated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia