We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Removing V9 Portal Site From Firefox

thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Recently when I click on certain sites, instead of loading, some crap named V9 Portal rears its ugly head instead of what I was expecting. I've no idea from whence it came (Crawled out from under a stone?), can anyone tell me how to remove this unwanted garbage?

Like this post
desi3026

Likes # 0

Hi, I managed to get rid of mine by tracing it in the task manager and deleting it from there. I found that out in the Firefox forums where quite a few have also had this annoying bug.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks desi I'm on the hunt.

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Though actually, I've only ever used the TM for removing stuck programs!

Like this post
thumbscrew

Likes # 0

Thanks Marg, I've actually got CC Cleaner and I'll begin with that....very helpful.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer