We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new outlook 2010 profile but no calender or contacts

awest3

Likes # 0

My outlook profile got corrupted somehow and the way to fix was to create a new profile, export the .pst file from the old profile and import it back into the new profile. All of my emails are there but none of my calenders (inc iCloud) or contacts are there. When I went back to look at the old profile I find I cannot open the calender or contacts in outlook. I get a msg that says 'these files cannot be opened the information store cannot be opened'. I still have the export file but cannot find anyway to import the calenders and contacts files I thought I might be able to download them from the iCloud but that seems to be a one way system Outlook to iCloud only not visa versa...or so it seems.

Any assistance gratefully received. Al

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is your calendar and contacts in iCloud? Normally the pst file would contain the calendar and contacts. Do you have an icloud account showing in Outlook? Have you run the iCloud Control Panel?

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Hi, Yes I've got my calenders in iCloud. I decided to take a chance and run the iCloud control panel, which appears to only run one way i.e. from Outlook to iCloud but actually copies both ways. So I got my Calenders and contacts back. I'm trying to use a program called NK2edit which will re-apply my automatic completion of email addresses. I'm not sure why the export and import of the outlook .pst file did not include my calenders and contacts. Thanks for your interest

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suspect that contacts and calendar were not included because outlook retrieves that information from iCloud. I have doubts that NK2 edit will do what you want. You may have been better off copying your old nk2 file copy nk2

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

Thanks I'll give it a try

Like this post
awest3

Likes # 0

it appears that the file is now called autocomplete.randomnumbers.dat

I've renamed the existing one and then renamed the old one to that of the existing one.. seems to have worked ok.

thanks for your interest and replies

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feedback.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

Come together to learn: the secrets of the best design talks, conferences and courses