We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Change from POP3 to IMAP mail

mgmcc

Likes # 0

I help someone run a "one-man" business in which he uses POP3 mail with Outlook 2003 and, in order to have his mail available in multiple computers, IMAP would be a much better solution. At the moment, he has about 30 Sub-folders in Inbox, many of which contain a very large number of emails, so the question is:

If his email was changed from POP3 to IMAP, would the IMAP server automatically pick up the existing messages within the Inbox sub-folders? These messages must not be lost.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

lotvic,

"I would have thought it easier to keep track of replies if each contact had their own folder that replies (sent emails) are also put in"

This is actually what he does. Although each "customer" has a sub-folder in the Inbox, both sent and received messages are put in there. However, storing these folders separately from the Inbox does make sense.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

To ensure no emails are lost make a backup copy of them to a new folder in C:...Documents. If necessary they can be burnt to DVD

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015