We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lenovo ideapad - Strange issue with optical drive

davidmcdavidson

Likes # 0

Evening,

Have had this Lenovo ideapad Z570 for a few months now and have had no issues up till now. Have been going through importing my music via the blu ray cd drive. Every so often a CD would get stuck and iTunes would not progress that song any further and the disc would not eject, the only option that worked was to restart the laptop and then it would eject.

Now the strange thing is on some CD's we have imported the playback is not clear, sounds like a vinyl record, either played from the hard drive or direct off the disc. However, if I play this disc on my xbox, no problems, sounds as clear as it should.

The even stranger thing is, this only seems to effect some discs. I can put the same disc that has the distorted playback on and each time it will sound wrong for that disc, even though this disc plays fine on other systems. And then some discs will import and play and sound as they should on the laptop. It's like my laptop is deciding which music it likes!!

The drive spinning until you restart continues to be a problem too for discs it doesn't like.

Drivers are up to date. The drive is named 'Slimtype BD E DS6E2SH' in device manager.

Any questions please ask!

Cheers, Dave.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

run a head cleaner in the drive

and make sure the CDs are clean

get similar problems with grandsons CD DVDs due to sticky finger marks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made