We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Height Browser Issue in IE7

ajt1991

Likes # 0

Hello, I am coding a website for a friend.

website: diamondcultureclub.com/project/dcc/scrap/index.html

style: diamondcultureclub.com/project/dcc/scrap/index.html

It looks fine in every other browser except from IE. As you can see the main section has a very large gap between the main section and the footer.

It seems to fix the issue if I set the #mainwrap to have a height in pixels. However I need it to be 100% and it's height expand with whatever content is on the page.

I have tried everything and this has been holding me up for days now. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

Have you tried just removing this from the top of the source:

xxxDiamond Culture Club & Everybody Loves Agency (c) 2012 xxx

IE uses comment tags for other reasons in that area and can get confused.

Also wonder if you need to be using those heights, may be the combination of both but try removing the tag and see how it goes.

Like this post
ajt1991

Likes # 0

thanks a million that seems to have done the trick!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...