We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Service Pack Not Supported? Help Please

eysha1

Likes # 0

I am using an old version of Internet Explorer which now tells me the service pack i have will no longer be supportd soon and to update/upgrade it. It tells me to install an update but i have no idea where to go look for it or what to download to install the update. This is because of my googlemail. Many thanks in advance E.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

What op system? XP will not be able to use above IE8

Vista or 7 can use the latest IE 10

all IE updates can be obtained from Windows update

Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.

In the left pane, click Check for updates.

If any updates are found, click View available updates.

Make sure the Internet Explorer updates that you want are selected, and then click Install. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Thanks Fruit-Bat, i have followed your instrutions. I am using Vista.

Like this post
eysha1

Likes # 0

Fruit-Bat, i have downloaded everything but still no luck. I am now lost.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

OK from this I can see why you are having trouble with gmail

Gmail will no longer work with IE8 so you can either download another browser to use gmail (Chrome) or get your gmail integrated into Outlook Express (I have a gmail acount and all my e-mails are loaded into OE and work OK)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Vista calls it 'Windows Mail' (not Outlook Express)

I'm surprised that a newer version of Internet Explorer has not been offered as part of the normal Windows Updates.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Sorry missed that, if you are using Vista then just download the latest version of IE.

Like this post
Marg7

Likes # 0

Link for Internet Explorer 9 from Microsoft here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-9/worldwide-languages

Internet Explorer 10 (most recent) is currently only for Windows 8

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features