We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HP Support Assistant Pop-Up

onthelimit1
Resolved

Likes # 0

My main PC is one yr old HP with W7 Pro. Just started getting a pop-up asking for a restart. There is an option to delay this, but not to stop it appearing altogether.

If I let it carry out the restart, the pop-up reappears after a few minutes.

Any ideas, please?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

HP

This could be your Hp support assistant which is giving you pop ups every now and then

You can go HPSA and see whether you hav any automatic updates in HPSA

From two different forums.

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 0

I stopped the HP assistant from the startup menu on my Vista lappy via CCleaner and never have popups again.

BTW I did a bit of digging a while back and found one version of it is problematical and found an updated version.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Nothing obvious HP in startup progs, so have uninstalled it from Progs and Features. I'm sure I can do without it! Thanks.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......