We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Avast - Warning - Trojan Horse Blocked

AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi

I'm needing some advice please.

Laptop, running Win Vista, has Avast (Free)

My friend is having warning notices pop up on the Avast pop up, red, warning it had blocked a Trojen Horse. Being concerned, she asked me what this is about and what should she do!!! See here for screen dump of warning - Trojan Horse Blocked

So, I have been over and had a look, taken the screen shot when the warning appeared. I decided it would be best to do a Full Scan (Avast! free) which came up with No Threats Found.

Possibly stupidly, I clicked on 'More Details' and it opened what appeared to the an Avast website, which seemingly is promoting the paid for version. See here for screen shot Avast Web Page

I've tried Google search to find out if this is just scaremongering people into buying the paid for version or is this actually a Trojan that needs removing but I've not found anything about quite this.

Please can someone advise. I'm obviously concerned that she has an something nasty but have no experience with this situation so am a bit out of my depth here.

Thanks, I hope you know how grateful I am of help from you

Cheers

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

In tray near clock, click on the orange ball with white 'a' | in the left column click on File System Shield | at bottom right click on Shield log

You don't need to do anything, it's just to check that it is the entries in list for C:\ProgramData...>visicom_antiphishing.exe

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Thanks again, lotvic

I did have a look through Avast interface on my machine, just to see but, not really knowing what I was looking for. So, I've just found it, thanks. Mine is totally blank but maybe something will display on my friends.

Possibly be able to get over there tomorrow sometime so will check it out.

I know my friend won't want the red warning to keep popping up and, I have to say, I wouldn't want it either. If it continues to pop up, I'll post back in the hope it can be got rid of.

Thanks again for all the help

Cheers

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Its been blocked its not on the PC

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

woodchip, easy way to find out where Avast found it and blocked it - look at the logs in Avast for each of the shields.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK