We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Set up wireless addapters in order to re-establish the connection.

Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I don't have my net work protected.

Its about time I set it up as I will be having neighbors soon who will no doubt have some kind of PC iPhone etc.

I know how how to go into my router and set the unit and encryption but how do I set-up the the wireless adapters in the laptop in order to re-establish the connection.

OS Vista

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

you do not need to do anything with your laptop, you only set up the router for wireless the set it to wpa create a SSID and password, you will need that to connect with your laptop on wireless

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Once you have enabled security on the router, search for wireless networks on the laptop - you will then be asked to enter the WiFi security code that you set on the router. You only have to do it once as the laptop will remember the code.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer