We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem with DVD Drive Optiarc AD 7530B

joe_tey83

Likes # 0

Hi People,

I'm new to this site and I wish to seek assistance regarding a problem I have with my DVD Drive.

I am using Windows Vista. The Optiarc AD 7530B DVD Drive on my laptop doesn't recognize any media suddenly and keeps prompting me to "Please insert a disc" after I had already done so.

I have tried System Restore, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drive and rebooting, I have tried cleaning the lens and the drive, I have tried Microsoft Fix It, I have tried all types of discs, I have tried using an external USB DVD Drive and the problem persists.

Please please please HELP!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Does other USB items work in the sockets

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Run regedit and navigate to registry key

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.

Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.

Close regedit and restart the computer.

If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

Like this post
joe_tey83

Likes # 0

Guys, thanks for the replies.

woodchip:

Other USB Devices work just fine.

Fruit Bat /\0/\:

There are no "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" in the right panel.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Go to device Manager after pulling the plugs for USB uninstall all USB then restart Laptop. it will then find USB and reload drivers for them

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Go to device Manager after pulling the plugs for USB uninstall all USB then restart Laptop. it will then find USB and reload drivers for them.

PS your External DVD drive may need the twin USB cable so it as extra power to work.Mine works okay with single cable, though it was supplied with the dual one

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...