We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FINDING THE FINALISATION BUTTON AFTER RECORDING TO DVD

Lemur

Likes # 0

I am used to recording to DVD., on my Sony DVD., recorder connected to my TV., where the finalising process is clearly mapped out. However, where and what do I look for on my computer. The few DVD recording facilities I have tried, either hide the finalisation button very carefully, or maybe it is called something else?? I just want to be able to play the resulting DVDs., on my TV., through my DVD., player. Without finalising the DVD., the only feedback I get is on the player display saying "no audio ...". Your help please.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Which software are you using on the computer and which operating system is installed?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Yes, which software are you using? On most you set the options, including to finalise, before you start to burn.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Its one one of the page tabs before you start recording

Like this post
Lemur

Likes # 0

Many thanks guys for your kind interest. I have tried again but saw no reference to finalising either at the beginning or the end of burning. I am assured in the HELP section that "Windows DVD Maker is a feature you can use to make DVDs that you can watch on a computer or on a TV using a regular DVD player. The quickest ! way to make a DVD is to add pictures and videos in Windows DVD Maker, and then burn your DVD.". My operating system is Windows 7. Regards.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

As far as I can make out Windows DVD Maker automatically finalises every DVD (you can't choose)

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

"I just want to be able to play the resulting DVDs on my TV through my DVD player Without finalising the DVD"

I don't think your DVD player will be able to read a DVD disk created on your computer that has not been finalised.

If I remember correctly you had to finalise the DVD disk on the DVD player before you could play it on your computer. You also had to finalise the DVD disk on your computer before it could be played on a DVD player connected to your TV unless things have changed.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

BRYNIT, I think you missed the full stop after DVD player.

The sentence is "Without finalising the DVD., the only feedback I get is on the player display saying "no audio ..."

Lemur, what other programs have you tried? I use free DVDFlick to make mine which then burns with Imgburn.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added