We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

trouble logging on to internet

watteneer

Likes # 0

Hi i am running btinternet yahoo.com If i leave computer for about half an hour i cant kog on to the internet i get the message " internet explorer cannot display the website " when i click "Diagnose connection problems" i receive the message " troubleshooting could not detect any problems " i have to unplug power router and start again then i works ok this hapens every day I am running Win 7 64 bit also running AVG anti virus and tune up 2012 Regards to all Peter

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Follow the instructions here enter link description here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I get this same problem can be OK for days then do it several times in same day, been troublesome this week so will try to get to grips with it this week comming when I have more time to mess with it.

Won't connect in any browser IE8 FF or chrome(running XP connected by E - cable to netgear asdl router)

running diagnose in IE, Clearing cache, flushing dns, none seem to work always have to power down / up netgear router before it will reconnect.

Was thinking of trying to borrow another router -

I'll keep my eye on this thread and hope a network wizard can give us an answer.

Are you connected by cable or wireless to the router?

Do other devices connect via the router when the problem occurs on your PC?

May be we can pin it down to a PC or router problem.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Do you have your BT Total Broadband install disk? If so try running the setup again and it should repair. I had a connection problem a few weeks ago - working when I switched off and unable to connect the next day. I played around with the settings for about half an hour getting the same error messages as you and then resorted to running the BT setup again - result, up and running within minutes.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I too have been having a similar problem, but it's only the ethernet connection that is lost - wireless continues to work, so my problem must be the router. I would change it but we are supposed to be getting Infinity soon, so doesn't seem much point in buying a new router when one will be provided.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund