We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung laptop - Cooling problems?

dposk

Likes # 0

Hey all,

Just month ago I bought new i5 samsung laptop with INTEL HD 4000. From yesterday I start feel that my graphic card is always hot and one more weird thing. Back of laptop screen down and upper are hot. Very hot, I can't even keep my fingers on it for 1 minute.

Maybe anyone experienced problem like that?

P.S. I feel that fans are working. Speedfan info: HDD - 40, temp1 - 56, core0 50, core1 52.

Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Back of laptop screen down and upper are hot. Very hot, I can't even keep my fingers on it for 1 minute.

That doesn't sound very good and shouldn't be like that. It's a new laptop and under Warranty. Speak to the Retailer or make plans to return it a.s.a.p.

Like this post
dposk

Likes # 0

Well, Warranty is bad choice, I have plenty of work to do, so really need this laptop fit Monday.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

Returning the unit is the only viable option - there is nothing you can do yourself.

As the unit appears to be running you could keep it to get you over an immediate hump, but it could crap out at any moment. The sooner you return it the better.

Like this post
dposk

Likes # 0

Well yeah I figured out it...

Sent some msg to Samsung, gonna give it to repair. Fcuk.. I hate when it happens.

I did all check ups on this laptop ( diagnostic tests ) everything passed, no overheating problems found, my guess cables from motherboard making my laptop hot ( cables where you connect your screen ) and that's why this happening.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Top and bottom are where the florescent tubes are that light the screen, but these normally run cool

Like this post
dposk

Likes # 0

Laptop screen is working still. Just now I see some kind ghost-black line on my screen, anyway now waiting for delivery to pick up laptop for warranty.

Hope I'll not have any problems with Samsung warranty.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Hope I'll not have any problems with Samsung warranty.

dposk - You shouldn't have any problems with the Warranty on a brand new laptop. My advice would be to chill out!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures