We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC for £500 or less

Game Addict

Likes # 0

Hello I am having trouble with trying to find a PC that is powerful enough to use 3D modeling software and also good enough for gaming and is £500 or less. If you find a desktop PC it also needs to have a monitor, keyboard and mouse with it and where are the best places to get big sales on PCs on boxing day.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You are going to struggle with that sort of budget particularly when you need to include all the peripherals with the PC.

Like this post
The Kestrel

Likes # 0

You can try putting one together here http://www.cougar-extreme.co.uk/ but as Chronos the 2nd states, you will struggle with your budget.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

I have to agrre with Chronos and Kestrel , your budget is way short of the mark . A more realistic budget would be in the £800 - £1000 range

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

Found a Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM 23 inch IPS LED Monitor for a £153.94 and a Vostro Desktop 470 MT for £379 which adds up to £532.94 which I can afford. The desktop has 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3450 processor (3.10GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.50GHz), Windows 8 Pro 64bit English, 4GB2 DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz, 500GB Serial ATA III (7.200 Rpm) Hard Drive and 1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 7570 graphics card. Is this good enough for what I want to use it for.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check the Vostro price again. It doesn't include VAT or shipping.

http://www.dell.com/uk/business/p/vostro-470/fs

Like this post
Game Addict

Likes # 0

Might have to increase my budget even further but is this PC good for what I want to use it for or would I be wasting money that could be used on something better.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...