We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer Canon Pixma ip4950 reliability

Terry Brown
Resolved

Likes # 0

Has anyone used this printer, and how is for running costs, and Reliability?

Thanks Terry

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

Hi Terry,

I bought this printer a few months ago after reading a few reviews which rated it as one of the best inkjets currently on the market.

The machine feels fairly solid and well built, have had no problems with it thus far. Print quality of photos and B/W text on plain paper are very good. My only gripe really is with the ridiculous amount of time it seems to spend on it's head cleaning cycle, and the number of times this is performed. There is no way to disable or reduce this. It occurs on every start-up, and every couple of minutes while working heavily, although the frequency seems to lessen as the level in the ink tanks decreases. I get the impression a large quantity of ink is wasted in this way.

So, a very good machine, excellent photo prints, but wasteful on ink. A problem inherent with most Canon printers, I believe.

Like this post  
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Thank you Number 6 (remember the program?).

There was no mention of the head cleaning cycle, which as you say wastes a lot of ink, I think I will look again at other options.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback