We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New build not installing Windows.

sandmandan

Likes # 0

Hi

I've just purchased the parts to build a new PC and myself and a friend are having problems with a install of Windows 7. All the components have been installed with all the due care and attention needed. When my friend has plugged in the USB stick with the Windows 7 ISO on the machine displays the installation starting page and then the screen fades and nothing else appears.

We've tried this multiple times with the same build and then changing the memory using one module at a time, unplugging the graphics card and trying the install without this but with no success.

Any help would be appreciated as we're both stumped! I've listed my PC components below.

Fractal Design Core 1000 Black Micro-ATX Case AMD (Trinity) A6-5400K Black Edition Dual-Core Socket FM2 Unlocked Accelerated Processor
Gigabyte F2A75M-D3H AMD FM2 A75 DDR3 mAT 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 XMS3 1600Mhz DIMM CL9 1.65V OCZ Agility 3 60GB 2.5" SATA-III Solid State Hard Drive 430W Corsair Builder Series 430CX 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply ARIANET Radeon HD 6670 2048MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Why are you installing from a USB as opposed to a DVD? I know in one of my builds I had a lot of bother with trying to install from a USB drive that nowadays I no long try installing Windows 7 via USB.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

The best thing you can try would be to use the iso, on your memory stick, to create a bootable dvd. Most dvd/cd writing software can do this, then you should be able to install ok from the dvd.

Like this post
sandmandan

Likes # 0

Hi both

We think that the motherboard is broken or corrupted in some way. The display goes from full to nothing in a few seconds after the installation begins and doesn't come back. I have suggested trying a DVD but probably wouldnt work as the display would still disappear.

I have contact the supplier to hopefully arrange a return.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Set the BIOS to boot from CD, then put your Win7 disk in and follow the on screen instructions, You cant do this from a usb stick.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Refer to Mistoffolees p0st

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Refer to Mistoffolees p0st

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Did you follow this procedure? Win 7 via USB.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July