We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to use a HDMI hub

ponytail

Likes # 0

I am trying to use a 3 way HDMI hub to conect my media player and my set top box to my TV which only has one HDMI socket.I set the TV input to HDMI and I get the signal through the set top box but cannot seem to get the media player to play.On the hub there are four sockets three incoming and one outgoing.I presume I connect the hub to the TV using the output socket and the incoming are to connect my devices to.Can both devices operate at the same time.There is a select button on the hub with a red LED nothing happens when I press it.I thought it might be for selecting which input socket to use.If I remove the HDMI lead from the media player the TV works and if I leave it in the media player works.Can someone advise sorry it is so longwinded and not sure which forum I was supposed to use

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Can you post a link to the hub you are talking about?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos the 2nd

Hope this link works

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320923101868?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

I have managed to set it up but cannot get any sound when I select the media player.The sound is ok when the TV is selected ie the set top box.I did get sound just now using the media player I then selected the desk top box that was ok but when I then selected the media player there was no sound and still unable to get sound

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

On my TV I have to select HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 all depending on what I have plugged in. With my PC as my HTPC graphics card does not have a HDMI output port I use a DVI to HDMI converter and to get sound it is also necessary to connect an audio cable. But I know I had to play around with various settings to get it sorted.

Unfortunately I have no experience in the item you are having problems with but I see that these things are not compatible with HDMI output devices without power adapter whatever that means. My first thought when seeing your problem was that it might be a lack of power issue.

Technology can be so frustrating when things just do not work straight out of the box and we have to faff around to get them to do even the simplest jobs.

I think you are right about the switch changing HDMI output but Googling around it seems that people find that this does not work very well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more