We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printing labels yet again, still can`t get it to work

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, back again, I posted on this before, today and back in Jan. All I want to do is print some address labels. I am trying to do this in Word. Using Avery labels 65 labels per A4 sheet, I have downloaded the Avery J8651 template which creates a file A-0015-01P(1)? in Word but when I print it out the text is not in the right place ie as I go down the sheet first few lines are fine but as I get further down the text has moved up to the point where the top line is writing on the bottom of the label above and at the end of the page nothing is written on the bottom row of labels. I used lotvics solution before which was fine for labels with no header or margins or spacings but wont work here on Avery paper. I would have thought that if you bought Avery paper and used their template things would be easy but not so in my case. I think this must be something in Word as I cant see Avery giving templates that dont work

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Why did you have to download the Avery J8651 template? It's already in my Word 2003 label list.

Anyway - do the 'All borders' printing the test sheet on plain A4 so that it can be held up to the light to compare with the cut lines on label sheet. (It helps if you write on the paper which is top and bottom)

That should show you which borders are not lining up right with the cut lines.

(When printing proper label sheet change to 'No Borders')

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Check you have A4 paper settings and not 'Letter' (which is shorter and might be why it's adjusted labels and you get no printing at the bottom of your A4 sheet)

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks again, printer was set to A4 originally but had changed to letter 8.5" x 11.0" which is its default setting for some reason. I should have checked this first in hindsight anyway all OK now.

Like this post  
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Make sure you have reset it directly in the printer settings, and not through the Print Properties in Word. The latter can result in it reverting to Letter again.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin, that is what I was doing wrong.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...