We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Email client change for Epson SX400 printer

BIGKREM

Likes # 0

Hi Folks, Ive just changed my desktop PC to a Toshiba Satellite laptop. It has the driver installed for my Epson scanner and printer. But i have tried testing it to send from My Gmail account rather than my old talktalk one. It does the scan fine but when its attached as an email I get a message saying the @supperted email client is no installed.' Any idea how i go about setting this up for gmail on the SX400 ? Have a good day. Ian

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Have you got your gmail account set up on the laptop?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It took me a while to understand but I think that your problem is that you can scan an image but not send it as an attachment to a gmail. I guess that you are using scan to email using either the panel on the SX400 or the Epson Event Manager. I guess too that you are using gmail online through your browser rather than through an email client like Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail. In this case you haven't got a default email client that the scanner can send the image to hence the error message. The solution is to scan to PC then upload it as an attachment on gmail.

You don't set up gmail on the SX400.

Like this post
BIGKREM

Likes # 0

Hi Guys, I access my gmail via the link on Chrome. Previously it was set up my Talktalk account but im in the process of moving my account to Sky. How would I set up the Google account on the laptop? Thanks for your responces

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

One addition to Fruit Bat /\0/\'s post. You will need to download and install Windows Live Mail if not already done so. It may be easier to scan to pc and upload.

Like this post
BIGKREM

Likes # 0

Thanks guys doing it now. cheers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days