We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Connecting a Sony BPS570 Blu-ray player to the internet

Mike_R

Likes # 0

MySony BDPS570 will not pick up the wireless signal from my router which is sited about 12 feet away through two breeze block walls. A laptop placed next to the BDPS570 has no difficulty in making a connection. In the past I have overcome this problem by using two Netgear AV200 Powerline devices. However, I now require the Powerlines for a TalkTalk Youview connection and am looking for a cheap and elegent method of reconnecting the BDPS570. I could just buy another ethernet cable and swap it for the Youview one when I want to use the 570 but that seems a bit of a fag.

Can I use another set of Powerlines which would not be cheap as I would need ones with through 13 amp sockets? At each end of the circuit every connection is fed from one two gang socket. Is there any wireless dongle which would plug into the BDPS570 and replace or boost its weak wireless reception?

Thanks in avance for any reply.

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

Use an Ethernet Switch behind your TV to connect all your equipment. Then plug your Powerline into the switch.

TP-Link 5-Port 10/100 Unmanaged Mini Desktop Switch

Like this post
chunhat1

Likes # 0

Like this post
Mike_R

Likes # 0

Thanks Beta. A switch certainly looks the neatest and cheapest option.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015