We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I repair windows XP

Internut

Likes # 0

I wish to repair windows XL as I am having problems with pinnacle studio 9 and it is suggested that I may be able to solve the problem by repairing XP Many thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

See here for step by step instructions with screenshots enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

It seems a bit drastic to suggest that you repair XP because of a problem with one program unless there are files needed from the O.S. - I would suggest you try to uninstall and then reinstall Pinnacle first.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Never had any success with XP's repair (unlike the one for Vista and W7). usually causes more problems than it solves.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

There are instructions here for uninstall of Pinnacle 9 you may wish to try - it appears that it may be a compatibility issue with XP enter link description here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

A repair install of XPis overkill for a problem with one program to be sure XP is OK:-

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I have Pinnacle 9 Try the Upgrade Free Download to 9.5 it works on my XP desktop okay

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Pinnacle Web Site is off-line at the moment due to work but you can update your version to newer version

Click hear for Update to 9

Like this post
Internut

Likes # 0

Hi thanks for all of the help. I have tried the complete unistall and reinstall of pinnacle studio 9 and also installed the last update as suggested by northumbria61 but I still have the same problem in that I cannot render a completed project to a DVD. It just does not start the rendering process. I can render to AVI ok and then use Nero to burn the project to DVD has anybody else further suggestion? Many thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite