We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Formula for Multiple Conditions

daddy3108

Likes # 0

Hi,

Please can someone help me? I need to write a formula based on the response for two cells, but am having problems joining them. The first part of the formula works, but I can't seem to get the end of it.

In Cell D2 is called SDP1, Cell E2 is called SDP2. If yes is entered in E2, then nothing needs happen. If however, No is entered then the cells F2 - J2 needs to be highlighted; with No as the result not FALSE.

This is the first part of the formula: =IF($D$2="Yes","Yes"),can't seem to get this bit working?????

I hope that this makes sense and that someone can help me.

Many thanks :0/

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Having trouble fully understanding this but shouldn't the formula be =IF($D$2="Yes","Yes","No") which returns NO if Yes isn't inserted in D2.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

daddy308

If my understanding is right, you need the formula =IF($E$2="No","No","") in cells F2 to J2. This will put a blank or No in the cells. Then to Highlight those cells, (F2 to J2), select them all and Conditionally Format them to give the background colour you desire.

Hopefully that is what you are looking for.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
daddy3108

Likes # 0

Thanks for the responses guys.

Tony yours worked a treat - Thank you! xx

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

daddy3108

Glad it worked out OK.

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...